Black Friday and Cyber Monday came and went and all I have to show for it is Just Dance 3 for Kinect. I consider myself a well grounded but hardcore gamer. I deserved Saints Row: The Third or Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at the least. I loved that my boyfriend got me Just Dance 3 but I wanted that game in October. Now is the time for me to be playing some insanely good games.
Fellas, I’m going to give you some tips on how to choose games to buy your Gamer girl so that she won’t be pissed when you get her some cheesy E for Easy game during the holidays and birthdays.
- Know what your girl likes in games. This is probably the most important tip because some men fail to know what it is their girl likes to play aside from borrowing your games.
- Figure out how much money you have to spend. Nothing like making a list of things you CAN’T AFFORD.
- Sit down with your girl and make a Gaming Wish List or look over the available wish list she already has (if you want to surprise her or need to edit). I tend to have 4 wish lists across multiple gaming sites.
- Go over holiday sales and deals that fits your budget. Then make a new list for each store you can shop at.
- Make the shopping day a date if you can. Buy the game, then have Dinner and a Movie. I have done this plenty of times with my boyfriend and it’s quite fun.
- If you’re looking for exactly WHAT games to buy your girl, you would have to observe her gaming personality. Does she like to blow stuff up or create stuff? Does she like to customize her ass off or just go with the flow? Does she like using motion controllers or regular controllers? Does she play only when she’s upset or when she’s feeling blue? These answers would be her Play Habits. I will go into detail about them in a later blog post.
These tips should be very helpful in your quest to buy games for your betrothed. If these tips worked for you, drop me a line in the comments. If you want to contribute to this feature, please contact me via the ASK Cutie page.